Skip to main content

The 30 Coolest Magic Cards (30-21)

I'm tired of looking at horrible cards. I've reviewed my 180 worst, now for something good.
The 80 Worst Creatures
The 100 Worst Cards

These are 30 cards which I really like for various reasons. They aren't necessarily the most powerful, though one of them won't surprise you.

These can be cool cards for different reasons other than what they do - namely artwork and flavor text. But the bottom line is that they are all cool. I'll try not to make this a nostalgia piece, though these first 10 might seem like it.

Honorable Mention: Tombstalker
 photo Tombstalker_zpsd580cd3f.jpg
There are quite a few demons in Magic(71 roughly). Lord of the Pit was one of the best early creatures. Now we have crazy things that can just wreck you, like Abyssal Persecutor, Griselbrand, Infernal Spawn of Infernal Spawn of Evil - oh wait not that one. This one has a soft spot for me given how quickly he can come out.

30. Enormous Baloth
 photo EnormousBaloth_zpsef2f4d7f.jpg
Fairly average creature. Maybe below average given what Green has. But oh heck, just read it.

29. Manabarbs
 photo Manabarbs_zpsaa186907.jpg photo Manabarbs2_zpsfa2f7826.jpg
Not sure which artwork I like the most. The flavor text of the new one might put it over the edge. It's a fun card and makes the game much faster.

28. Pact of Negation
 photo PactofNegation_zps2ef92ed5.jpg
Some sweet almost LOTR artwork going on here. Flavor text pretty good, ohh and a free counterspell. Much better than the Force of Will Conan the Barbarian art.

27. Force of Nature
 photo ForceofNature_zps027a6516.jpg
Used to be the daddy of all daddies. I don't think there was much that could handle a 8/8 trampler. 4 mana wasn't a big deal in most cases as he wasn't just going to sit there

26. Walker of Secret Ways
 photo WalkerofSecretWays_zpsee76c0e6.jpg
The artwork is beautiful, that's what. Silly ninjutsu ability aside, this thing can bounce other ninjas and occasionally look at your opponent's hand.

25. Icy Manipulator
 photo IcyManipulator_zps2a7878af.jpg photo IcyManipulator2_zpsa6924547.jpg
 photo IcyManipulator3_zps8e6b7d38.jpg photo IcyManipulator4_zpsd0198faa.jpg
The original artwork is so cool. A hand holding a...I guess an Icy Manipulator? How cool would it be if you didn't have to tap it...

24. Mogg Fanatic
 photo MoggFanatic_zpse00fbd3e.jpg
Neutered by the combat changes they reinvented at some point. But this thing used to be a hoss. Great text as well.

23. Evacuation
 photo Evacuation_zps33644169.jpg
Love the artwork - are those game pieces? Ability and text are pretty neat on their own as well. 

22. Black Lotus
 photo BlackLotus_zps1fe4b044.jpg
I couldn't leave this off for obvious reasons, yet I couldn't make it any higher than this. The artwork is fairly questionable. The ability is huge, though only for what it provides. It can't win you the game. It can only help.

21. Lightmine Field
 photo LightmineField_zpsf0f90e7c.jpg
I like the artwork quite a bit. The ability is fairly decent. What gets me on this though is that flavor text...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p