Skip to main content

The 30 Coolest Magic Dragons (30-21)

When going through my 30 coolest cards, I had two dragons on the list. But the more I thought about it, how different were those two with the other 110 dragons out there?
I decided to rank my top 30, which is probably too many but 10 didn't quite seem like enough.
They are ranked by a combination of artwork and power. Of course some miscellaneous factors were included as well.

30. Ebon Dragon
 photo EbonDragon_zps768858ec.jpg
7 mana does seem like a lot in a competitive game, but in limited it's still a bomb. Hopefully a 2-1 even if it's not ideal. Bonus points for being a black dragon.

29. Mordant Dragon
 photo MordantDragon_zps25e32054.jpg
I shall be comparing these dragons to Shivan, which will always be thee dragon in my world. This one has worse artwork(than the original), harder to splash, harder to pump. But that third ability I'm sure can come in handy.

28. Predator Dragon
 photo PredatorDragon_zps538a3cd7.jpg
Never a huge fan of Devour, it's a least a way to turn your Ali Baba into something useful.

27. Vampiric Dragon
 photo VampiricDragon_zpsd5b39e3b.jpg
8 mana is a ton even for a 5/5 flier. Seems about on par with Baron Sengir. This third ability is universally better even if it doesn't grow as fast.

26. Mana-Charged Dragon
 photo 
Mana-ChargedDragon_zpse4cc9b84.jpg
Such an unique ability along with trample definitely makes this thing a beast. Actually this is completely better than Shivan, #$%$# why did I waste my money on those.

25. Catacomb Dragon
 photo CatacombDragon_zpsc76b4ecf.jpg
I don't like that the picture is green despite being black. I also don't like that it makes me constantly aware that math is involved.

24. Worldgorger Dragon
 photo 
WorldgorgerDragon_zpsef74f41a.jpg
It might be decent in the right deck. It probably would have been much better with haste than trample perhaps, but I digress. Bonus points for being a nightmare.

23. Draco
 photo Draco_zps4d27f4e8.jpg
This picture is almost too shiny... I think we have the most expensive card in the game right here, even if it never actually costs that much. When is this a deal? 1 color = 14. 2 colors = 12. 3 colors = 10. 4 colors = 8. That's probably it. If you can get 4 different basic lands into play, then 8 for a 9/9 flier seems about right.

22. Shivan Hellkite
 photo ShivanHellkite_zpse18a910a.jpg
Powerful second ability, but at 7 mana spells typically have powerful abilities like this.
It also reminds me of Dragon Warrior's Green Dragon.
 photo GreenDragon_zpsae6b35d1.jpg

21. Bladewing the Risen
 photo 
BladewingtheRisen_zps143513c0.jpg
Basically it's a dragon lord and you wouldn't play him without many other babies to back him up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p