Skip to main content

My 100 movies (as of 2006 - Pre Netflix) 70 - 61

70. Gremlins
Is it a comedy or a serious movie? Since it really is both, it's hard to completely love this move. Poor Gismo gets sold to a naïve white teenager who multiplies his pet then turns the others into green creatures. The town gets destroyed, but the creature's one downfall is their love of snow white.

"Let me drive."
"No, you're drunk."
"You always get to drive."
"That's cause I'm the sheriff, asshole."

Photobucket



69. Shrek
Amazing movie when this came out as only Toy Story came before it, but Toy Story was centered at kids. This movie though had many more adult references, and many big name voice actors just like Toy Story. The ogre Shrek wants to reclaim his swamp but must rescue a princess in order to do it. I liked the sequel, but the third movie was quite over-kill.

Lord Farquaad: Evening. Mirror, mirror, on the wall, is this not the most perfect kingdom of them all?
Magic Mirror: Well, technically, you're not a king.
Lord Farquaad: Thelonius? (Thelonius the Executioner smashes a small looking glass) Lord Farquaad: You were saying?

Photobucket



68. Forrest Gump
Had one massive budget for special effects. I probably like many people hadn't saw Tom Hanks in many movies before this. Interesting concept about "An Idiot experiencing history" according to my TV. Gump basically goes through all the events of the 60s/70s. Many funny parts and lines which is probably why I can keep watching this movie. But it is a whopping 2 and a half hour movie.

Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?
Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!
Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump.

Photobucket



67. Willow
It set the standard for fantasy movies back in the 80's. Proof that George Lucas can pull something off other than Star Wars. Amazing performance by Val Kilmer who actually marries his love interest princess in real life. Probably took themes from Lord of the Rings the book, but I bet the movie took many elements from this.

Madmartigan: What the hell happened up there?
Willow: You started spouting poetry. "I love you Sorsha! I worship you Sorsha!" You almost got us killed!
Madmartigan: "I love you Sorsha?" I don't love her, she kicked me in the face! I hate her... Don't I?

Photobucket



66. Adams Family
Remake of an old TV show about a Halloween family. They have a witch and a Frankenstein monster as house servants. The family has a giant mansion which is loaded with a fortune. The family's greedy lawyer concocts a scheme about Gomez(the father)'s long lost brother(Fester) looking just like the lawyer's collector. Brilliant performances by both Raul Julia and Christopher Lloyd.

Gomez: (watching home movies) Remember that fateful night?
Uncle Fester: Of course... Your first cigar!
Gomez: What? Come on, Old Man, I've smoked since I was five. Mother insisted.

Photobucket



65. Men In Black
Comedy at the beginning of the Will Smith phenomenon. He stars next to Tommy Lee Jones as Alien investigators. When one tries to destroy earth, the duo have to stop him. Great pairing between the two, which is probably why this movie works so well. Jones works very well off Smith and is very funny in his own. Vincent D'Onofrio who plays the main alien does a convincing job as well. The sequel was okay, but it was clearly a sub-par script from the first movie.

James Edwards: Well, she was the only one that actually seemed dangerous at the time, sir.
Zed: How'd you come to that conclusion?
James Edwards: I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some shit, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. Or do I owe her an apology?

Photobucket



64. Short Circuit
My favorite movie about an army robot getting struck by lighting which causes it to come alive. I actually saw the second movie more times than the first. Both are very funny. The first one is led by Steve Guttenberg of Police Academy and is about the army trying to capture the robot while the robot tries to convince his creator that he is alive. The second is about the robot moving to New York City helping his other creator get on his feet financial wise when criminals use him to rob a bank.

Ben Jabituya: I am thinking she is a virgin. Or at least she used to be.

Photobucket



63. Troy
Are there problems with this movie…yes. Is it like the Iliad? Not too much. The basic plot is there but what this movie does is treat both sides of the Trojan war as equals instead of the Trojans as evil. The Trojans who are led by Eric Bana(Hector) and Orlando Bloom(Paris) take away the famous Helen of Troy from the Greeks when she falls in love with Paris. The Greeks led by Brad Pitt go to fight in the last and largest battle by the Greeks. Pitt and Bana are fantastic even if we know they are both doomed at the end.

Achilles: You want gold? Take it. It's my gift to honour your courage. Take what you wish.
Agamemnon: I already have. Aphareus! Haemon! (Aphareus and Haemon appear dragging Achilles's woman)
Agamemnon: The spoils of war.
Achilles: No argument with you, brothers. But if you don't release her, you'll never see home again. Decide!

Photobucket



62. Hook
Peter Pan story about a grown up Peter Pan(Robin Williams) who has kids and has forgotten all about Neverland. When a bored Captain Hook(Dustin Hoffman) decides to kidnap Peter's kids, Tinkerbell(Julie Roberts) helps Peter remember who he is. Great story along with performances by the two leads make this quite enjoyable. The kids are quite annoying, but the movie has it's funny parts.

"Captain Hook: No stopping me this time, Smee. This is it. Don't make a move Smee, not a step. My finger's on the trigger. Don't try to stop me, Smee.
Smee: Oh, not again.
Captain Hook: This is it. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't you dare try to stop me this time, Smee, try to stop me. Smee, you'd better get up off your ass. Get over here, Smee!"

Photobucket



61. Dodgeball
Vince Vaughn/Ben Stiller collaboration about two gyms who are trying to put each other out of business. When Average Joes Gym is about to foreclose it has to come up with money which they decide to get by playing Dodgeball. Ben Stiller finds out and decides to have his gym join the tournament as well. It all unfolds on ESPN 8, the ocho. Purely comedy movie as it should be, the jokes don't stop.

"If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball"

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p