Skip to main content

6 Months, 100 Movies! 5/5

Finale!

20. Prince of Persia
Photobucket
Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley
Synopsis: A young fugitive prince and princess must stop a villain who unknowingly threatens to destroy the world with a special dagger that enables time travel.
What I Liked: Twists and turns were perfect. Decent story, action.
What I Didn't Like: Not enough Prince of Persianess/video gameness. Kept reminding me of the Scorpion King... not a good thing.


19. Something Borrowed
Photobucket
Cast: Kate Hudson
Synopsis: Friendships are tested and secrets come to the surface when Rachel falls for Dex, her best friend's fiancé.
What I Liked: Engaging, entertaining. Leading actress is likable. Funny moments.
What I Didn't Like: Little too much back and forth between the love square.


18. Super 8
Photobucket
Cast: J.J. Abrams(D)
Synopsis: After witnessing a train crash, a group of friends begin noticing happenings going around in their small town, and begin to investigate into the phenomenon.
What I Liked: Kids steal the show. The side story. The ET Vibe.
What I Didn't Like: Loses it's way in the middle. Way too much hype for the alien we know is coming and is a let down.


17. Cowboys and Aliens
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde
Synopsis: A spaceship arrives in Arizona, 1873, to take over the Earth, starting with the Wild West region.
What I Liked: Ford was his awesome self. Wilde was gorgeous. Craig was also great.
What I Didn't Like: Wilde's character just creates nonsense. Not as guilty as Super 8 in the alien suspense let down. But halfway through the movie half the crew just leaves.


16. Kick Ass
Photobucket
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Synopsis: Dave is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decides to become a super-hero, even though he has no powers or training.
What I Liked: When hit girl enters scene the first time, it's an oh shit moment.
What I Didn't Like: Near the end a scene just doesn't fit and the rest of the movie goes south from there. The whole trying to set up another movie thing.


15. My Best Friends Girl
Photobucket
Cast: Kate Hudson, Dane Cook, Jason Biggs
Synopsis: Tank faces the ultimate test of friendship when his best friend hires him to take his ex-girlfriend out on a terrible date in order to make her realize how great her former boyfriend is.
What I Liked: Very creative story with Cook likeable and of course funny.
What I Didn't Like: Biggs is awful, Hudson is always annoying.


14. Horrible Bosses
Photobucket
Cast: Kevin Spacey, Charlie Day, Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston
Synopsis: Three friends conspire to murder their awful bosses when they realize they are standing in the way of their happiness.
What I Liked: Every character had something hilarious about them.
What I Didn't Like: Characters a little too cartoonish and one dimensional. Sitcom like.


13. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Photobucket
Cast: James Franco, Andy Serkis
Synopsis: During experiments to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease, a genetically-enhanced chimpanzee uses its improved intelligence to lead other apes to freedom.
What I Liked: Serkis stole the show as Caesar. You can feel for him and side with the apes. The father. Good story and characters.
What I Didn't Like: Ending doesn't go anywhere. And the whole trying to set up another movie.


12. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 2
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes
Synopsis: Harry, Ron and Hermione search for Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes in their effort to destroy the Dark Lord.
What I Liked: Action was the best of any movie, biggest stakes, fit conclusion.
What I Didn't Like: Ending was silly. The blonde kid doesn't pay up.


11. The Departed
Photobucket
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg
Synopsis: Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover State Police and the mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made.
What I Liked: Probably should be higher the more I think about it. A+ cast, story that goes anywhere.
What I Didn't Like: Story sometimes not completely straight what was going on. Not mission impossible bad but I could be due to watch it again.


10. There Will Be Blood
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Dano
Synopsis: A turn-of-the-century prospector in the early days of the oil business.
What I Liked: Lewis just makes this whole movie work.
What I Didn't Like: Slow in parts, ending jump feels exactly like that.


9. Easy A
Photobucket
Cast: Emma Stone, Thomas Haden Church, Lisa Kudrow
Synopsis: A high school student relies on the school's rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.
What I Liked: Emma Stone brings it. Hilarious parts.
What I Didn't Like: Several can't standable characters.


8. Green Lantern
Photobucket
Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Tim Robbins
Synopsis: A test pilot is granted a ring that bestows him with powers, as well as membership into a squad tasked with keeping peace within the universe.
What I Liked: Special effects. Reynolds carrys most of it.
What I Didn't Like: Pretty long, but not enough middle movie. Every other actor was replaceable.


7. 50/50
Photobucket
Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen
Synopsis: A comedy centered on a 27-year-old who learns of his cancer diagnosis, and his subsequent struggle to beat the disease.
What I Liked: Emotional and funny, you can just get into all of the characters.
What I Didn't Like: Might suffer due to the fact I just saw it, so maybe it wouldn't normally be this high. Some parts were nonsense. Comedy centered around a not fun concept.


6. Pirates Of The Carribean 4
Photobucket
Cast: Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush
Synopsis: Jack Sparrow and Barbossa embark on a quest to find the fountain of youth, only to discover that Blackbeard is after it too.
What I Liked: Depp doing his captain sparrow.
What I Didn't Like: Kinda feels like Austin Powers did at the end. Fantastic, but should it stop now? Expected more from non Depp characters. Mermaid side story.


5. Thor
Photobucket
Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman
Synopsis: The powerful, arrogant Thor is cast out of the realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their defenders.
What I Liked: Some funny stuff. Hemsworth and Hopkins do great.
What I Didn't Like: Two magical power items in one movie? Wasted Hawkeye cameo. Love story was forced. Not enough of a character arc for Thor. Not enough action scenes.


4. Captain America
Photobucket
Cast: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving
Synopsis: After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into a superhero dedicated to defending America.
What I Liked: The cgi in the beginning is awesome, Evans does a great job. TLJ is hilarious.
What I Didn't Like: Red skull didn't end up doing anything and never seemed very threatening. Bucky storyline was hastily done.


3. Bridesmaids
Photobucket
Cast: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph
Synopsis: Picked as her best friend's maid of honor, lovelorn and broke Annie looks to bluff her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals with an odd group of bridesmaids.
What I Liked: Unexpected hilarious scenes.
What I Didn't Like: Some cringe moments for sure. Might be a postive that the movie could do those things though.


2. Transformers 3
Photobucket
Cast: Shia LaBeouf, John Turturro
Synopsis: The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it.
What I Liked: Action and special effects are great. Finally as much of a robot movie as it was a LaBeouf movie.
What I Didn't Like: The main bad guy just wasn't the bad ass robot he should have been.


1. X-Men First Class
Photobucket
Cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender
Synopsis: The United States government enlists the help of Mutants with superhuman abilities to stop a club who is determined to start world war III.
What I Liked: Fassbender and Bacon are fantastic in every scene. Training montages were cool. McAvoy is pretty great as well.
What I Didn't Like: Weak women characters. Too many forced moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p