Skip to main content

6 Months, 100 Movies! 1/5

It started off as watching all 4 Die Hard movies in like a week. I had a fantastic notion to get to 100(all brand new movies to me) and see how long it would take, and then finally rank them afterwards.

It ended up taking 6 months. It started in April and ended well, but the Summer started becoming a problem. But finished it just as September came to a close.

I have this habit to say the last movie that I saw was the greatest one I've ever watched. Well to get to 100 there were some duds along the way(my personal choices of course). If you need a summary: I like to be entertained from a movie. That's it. I like superhero and fantasy movies so naturally those entertain me more than any drama could. I try to provide the good and the bad and what it was about if you don't feel like going to IMDB.

Honorable Mention: Because I like doing honorable mentions and because I somehow forgot this movie until I started putting this together. Not a terrible movie but not good enough to remember it either:

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Photobucket
Cast: Charlton Heston
Synopsis: The sole survivor of an interplanetary rescue mission searches for the only survivor of the previous expedition. He discovers a planet ruled by apes and an underground city run by telekinetic humans.
What I Liked: Heston returns, 2000 years in the future and they worship an atom bomb.
What I Didn't Like: Started promising then story went nuts and didn't leave.


100. Disaster Movie
Photobucket
Cast: Carmen Electra, Kim Kardashian
Synopsis: Over the course of one evening, an group of young people find themselves upon by a series of natural disasters and catastrophic events.
What I Liked: Nothing. Kardashian is hot I suppose.
What I Didn't Like: It tries so very hard, and fails at everything pop culture.


99. College
Photobucket
Cast: No one I've ever heard of
Synopsis: A wild weekend is in store for three high school seniors who visit a local college campus.
What I Liked: Story should have been a slam dunk. Many movies have done it.
What I Didn't Like: Characters mind numbing. Acting and directing not good either.


98. Sahara
Photobucket
Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Penélope Cruz, Steve Zahn
Synopsis: A master explorer goes on the adventure of seeking out a lost Civil War battleship in the deserts of West Africa while helping a doctor being chased by a dictator.
What I Liked: The cast in theory. That the movie ends at some point.
What I Didn't Like: Everything was pretty boring. I felt no stakes.


97. Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
Photobucket
Cast: Donald Sutherland(narr)
Synopsis: Donald Sutherland narrates this documentary that explores the history, evolution and extinction of the dinosaurs. We look at the Patagonia region of South America to witness paleontology's newer discoveries.
What I Liked: Hear about a new discovery, actually see a dinosaur footprint.
What I Didn't Like: Less of a documentary, more like a tv show. Probably shouldn't count towards this list. Terrible CGI which leads no where.


96. Life or Something Like It
Photobucket
Cast: Angelina Jolie, Edward Burns
Synopsis: A reporter interviews a homeless man, who tells her when she's going to die.
What I Liked: The story. (The impending feeling you know your life is going to end.)
What I Didn't Like: Nothing happened or came of it.


95. A Home Of Our Own
Photobucket
Cast: Kathy Bates, Edward Furlong
Synopsis: The story is located in Los Angeles in the sixties. An energetic widow, Frances Lacey, with her six children try to make a dream of theirs come true.
What I Liked: Seeing Edward Furlong berated at school.
What I Didn't Like: Kathy Bates was annoying and just made no sense.


94. Dance Flick
Photobucket
Cast: Marlon Wayans, Shawn Wayans
Synopsis: Dancers enter in the mother of all dance battles.
What I Liked: Wayans brothers bring it when on screen.
What I Didn't Like: Everything else.


93. Conan the Barbarian
Photobucket
Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Earl Jones
Synopsis: Tale of child sold into slavery who grows into a man who seeks revenge against the warlord who massacred his parents.
What I Liked: James Earl Jones was a sweet bad guy. Those eyes! Narration was aight.
What I Didn't Like: Just about everything was a problem except the directing which had some good moments.


92. Ceremony
Photobucket
Cast: Uma Thurman
Synopsis: Two friends are off on a weekend outing. Marshall thinks the trip is to re-establish their friendship, but Sam has ulterior motives in mind as he crashes the wedding of a woman he loves.
What I Liked: Wedding crashers intent, Uma Thurman's performance.
What I Didn't Like: The short ass main character. The ending.


91. Skin
Photobucket
Cast: Sophie Okonedo, Sam Neill
Synopsis: Both her racist father and mother are white, but Sandra is born with dark skin - in South Africa that drives a wedge into the family. Sandra has experiences her parents can't understand and marries an abusive African.
What I Liked: Sam Neil the father. Lots of wrenching moments.
What I Didn't Like: Main character was bland. Every other character was dislikeable.


90. Ghost World
Photobucket
Cast: Steve Buscemi, Scarlett Johansson
Synopsis: Two female social outsiders who, after graduating from high school, play a prank on a middle-aged man.
What I Liked: It was a comic book?
What I Didn't Like: Main girl was uber annoying. Story was boring.


89. Skyline
Photobucket
Cast: Donald Faison, Brittany Daniel
Synopsis: An artist, and his girlfriend have flown to Los Angeles for his best friend's birthday party. Aliens show up or something.
What I Liked: Story was hard to screw up. Aliens attack. Done. Special effects did look great.
What I Didn't Like: The whole movie takes place in an apartment. Get by that and you might like this.


88. Dead Silence
Photobucket
Cast: Donnie Wahlberg
Synopsis: A widower returns to his hometown to search for answers to his wife's murder, which may be linked to the ghost of a murdered ventriloquist.
What I Liked: Creepy old woman. Those freaky puppets!
What I Didn't Like: Very boring in the beginning.


87. Parent Trap
Photobucket
Cast: Lindsay Lohan, Dennis Quaid
Synopsis: Identical twins were separated at birth when their parents divorced. After the two meet at summer camp, they begin plotting to reunite their parents.
What I Liked: How Lohan managed to play two characters.
What I Didn't Like: Parents were terrible and not smart. Characters were one dimensional. Shallow plot.


86. Conan the Destroyer
Photobucket
Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Synopsis: Conan leads a group on a quest for a princess.
What I Liked: Didn't have to deal with the revenge storyline. Enjoyed the ending.
What I Didn't Like: Had to put up with the my wife is dead storyline. Predictable.


85. Max Payne
Photobucket
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis
Synopsis: Coming together to solve a series of murders are a police detective whose family was slain as part of a conspiracy and an assassin out to avenge her sister's death.
What I Liked: Lots of bullets, revenge.
What I Didn't Like: The supernatural elements were complete nonsense. Everyone was forgettable.


84. The Dark Ages
Photobucket
Cast: None
Synopsis: Beginning with Rome's fall in the fifth century, this sheds light on the Dark Ages, covering the chaos, raids, plague, famine, civil unrest, the Crusades, the Enlightenment and the Renaissance.
What I Liked: Plague and viking talk. Good style, you learn things.
What I Didn't Like: Made it seem like the times were void of art and creativity.


83. Grudge 3
Photobucket
Cast: Shawnee Smith
Synopsis: A young woman who holds the key to stopping the spirit of Kayako, travels to a haunted apartment.
What I Liked: Lots of jumps. Get what you did-ish with the first two.
What I Didn't Like: Forgettable characters/acting. Nothing new.


82. Hitman
Photobucket
Cast: Timothy Olyphant
Synopsis: A gun-for-hire hired by a group ensnared in a conspiracy, finds him pursued by both police and the military as he treks across Russia and Europe.
What I Liked: A few of the action scenes were wow like. Even above like a James Bond movie.
What I Didn't Like: Pacing. Parts just boring. Ridiculous plot. Needed more background on the main character.


81. Punisher War Zone
Photobucket
Cast: Ray Stevenson, Wayne Knight
Synopsis: After hunting down and killing hundreds of criminals, The Punisher, faces Jigsaw.
What I Liked: You get to see Jigsaw, Punisher has a baddie to focus on.
What I Didn't Like: Basically a TV movie. Characters were all dreadful. Some cheesiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p