Skip to main content

6 Months, 100 Movies! 4/5

40. Wanted
Photobucket
Cast: Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman
Synopsis: A frustrated office worker learns that he is the son of a professional assassin, and that he shares his father's superhuman killing abilities.
What I Liked: McAvoy was engaging. Action scenes were cool. Story unique.
What I Didn't Like: Ending was down and then up. Freeman was not a good choice.

39. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Gary Oldman
Synopsis: It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts. Convicted murderer Sirius Black has escaped Prison and is coming after Harry.
What I Liked: Time travel! I did kinda dig the ending. Twists about. Gary Oldman
What I Didn't Like: Werewolves and time travel? At this point it seemed like fantasy elements were just randomly added.

38. Predators
Photobucket
Cast: Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Topher Grace
Synopsis: A group of different warriors are hunted by Predators on a different world.
What I Liked: The beginning when they try to discover everything. Predator vs Predator violence.
What I Didn't Like: Topher Grace was just out of place. Not enough of those Predator POVs.

37. Apocalypse Now
Photobucket
Cast: Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando
Synopsis: During the Vietnam War, Captain Willard is sent on a dangerous mission into Cambodia to assassinate a Green Beret who has set himself up as a God among a local tribe.
What I Liked: I was okay with longer scenes when Brando was on.
What I Didn't Like: Lots of parts dragged for me though. Being told it's one of the greatest movies, my expectations were unrealistic.

36. Stardust
Photobucket
Cast: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ian McKellen, Robert De Niro
Synopsis: In a countryside bordering on a magical land, a young man makes a promise to his love that he'll retrieve a fallen star by venturing into the realm.
What I Liked: Unique storyline. I liked not having any idea where the movie was going or could go.
What I Didn't Like: Humorous parts. Characters make strange decisions. Too many fantasy elements perhaps?

35. Hurt Locker
Photobucket
Cast: Jeremy Renner, Guy Pearce
Synopsis: Forced to play a game of cat-and-mouse in a war, an Army bomb squad unit must come together in a city where everyone is a potential enemy.
What I Liked: Sniper shootout is awesome as well as the intense bomb diffusing scenes.
What I Didn't Like: Kind of a depressing maybe too realistic end. Not enough Guy Pearce. Too many chase scenes.

34. Hot Tub Time Machine
Photobucket
Cast: John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Chevy Chase
Synopsis: A malfunctioning time machine at a ski resort takes a man back to 1986 with his two friends and nephew, where they must relive a fateful night.
What I Liked: Goes relatively quick. Every subplot had something funny about it.
What I Didn't Like: Not enough 80's jokes. Too many blah jokes.

33. Good Luck Chuck
Photobucket
Cast: Dane Cook, Jessica Alba
Synopsis: In order to keep the woman of his dreams from falling for another guy, Charlie has to break the curse that has made him popular with women.
What I Liked: When Cook does his thing. The hook was entertaining. Alba of course.
What I Didn't Like: Alba's character was not based in any kind of reality that Cook's character is in.

32. American Gangster
Photobucket
Cast: Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe
Synopsis: In 1970s America, a detective works to bring down the drug empire of a heroin kingpin from Manhattan.
What I Liked: Great ending. Washington is his fantastic self. Nice seeing Crowe do something different.
What I Didn't Like: Just pales in comparison to the later matchups like Man on Fire or Deja-Vu.

31. Diehard 3
Photobucket
Cast: Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson
Synopsis: McClane and a store owner must play a bomber's game as they race around New York while trying to stop him.
What I Liked: Samuel is a great addition. The NY background is excellent.
What I Didn't Like: Ending fell flat after the beginning's promise.

30. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 1
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes
Synopsis: As Harry races against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes, he uncovers the existence of three most powerful objects in the world: the Deathly Hallows.
What I Liked: Builds up more tension. Ends on a good spot(of course).
What I Didn't Like: Slower than usual, they were talking in a tent for like 45 minutes. There is way too much to wrap up even after 7 movies.

29. The Fly
Photobucket
Cast: Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis
Synopsis: A scientist begins to transform into a giant man/fly hybrid after one of his experiments goes horribly wrong.
What I Liked: Goes quick and story flows very well. Goldblum does wonderful.
What I Didn't Like: The Geena Davis side ex boyfriend story was unnecessary.

28. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson
Synopsis: Harry ignores warnings not to return to Hogwarts, only to find the school plagued by a series of attacks and a voice haunting him.
What I Liked: Good pacing and story flow. Not the little kids as in the first one.
What I Didn't Like: Too many mysteries and several groan moments.

27. Diehard 1
Photobucket
Cast: Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman
Synopsis: McClane fights terrorists as they hold hostages in an office building.
What I Liked: Good villian, tension. Clear plot, action.
What I Didn't Like: Everyone besides the two main heroes just seem abnormally dumb.

26. The A Team
Photobucket
Cast: Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Sharlto Copley
Synopsis: A group of war veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.
What I Liked: Entertaining throughout, how they ended the movie where the show begins.
What I Didn't Like: Parts were too forced. Little plot, uninspired twist/plot.

25. Black Hawk Down
Photobucket
Cast: Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Eric Bana
Synopsis: 123 U.S. soldiers drop into Somalia to capture two lieutenants of warlord and find themselves in a battle with a large heavily-armed force.
What I Liked: Cast. Made me actually feel horrible when a pilot was killed.
What I Didn't Like: Wish it was longer, you don't really see how it ends. Not always clear what is happening, needed more birds eye views.

24. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson
Synopsis: Harry finds himself selected as a competitor in a dangerous multi-school competition.
What I Liked: General focus to the movie. Loved the plot arc, action, payoff, effects. Enjoyed the ending.
What I Didn't Like: Storyline wise this might have been weak.

23. Capitalism: a Love Story
Photobucket
Cast: Michael Moore
Synopsis: Documentary examines the impact of corporate dominance on the everyday lives of Americans.
What I Liked: Moore at his best since Bowling for Columbine.
What I Didn't Like: Kind of dated even only 3 years removed.

22. No Country for Old Men
Photobucket
Cast: Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem
Synopsis: Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon some dead bodies, heroin and more than $2 million in cash.
What I Liked: Bardem is just so creepy. Jones in engaging.
What I Didn't Like: I didn't like how it ended. I get that it was the whole point of the movie but still.

21. Bad Teacher
Photobucket
Cast: Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel, Justin Timberlake
Synopsis: A junior high teacher who, after being dumped by her sugar daddy, begins to woo a colleague - a move that pits her against a fellow teacher.
What I Liked: Different story. Funny moments.
What I Didn't Like: Liked the actors though the characters all weren't relateable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p