Skip to main content

6 Months, 100 Movies! 2/5

80. Replacement Killers
Photobucket
Cast: Yun-Fat Chow, Mira Sorvino
Synopsis: Failing to kill anymore because of his conscience, a hit-man seeks aid from a forger to help him get to China. The drug-lord has hired replacements to finish the job and kill the hit-man.
What I Liked: Liked seeing the main characters scenes with the old gang.
What I Didn't Like: Mindless plot, boring action.


79. Laura Croft Tomb Raider
Photobucket
Cast: Angelina Jolie, Daniel Craig
Synopsis: Adventurer races against time and villains to recover ancient artifacts.
What I Liked: The beginning and end tie the movie together.
What I Didn't Like: Acting and story sub par. Though action was passing.


78. Maverick
Photobucket
Cast: Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, Alfred Molina
Synopsis: Needing money for a poker tournament, Maverick faces challenges and mishaps, including a woman thief.
What I Liked: Big cast.
What I Didn't Like: Bad narration. Something was just out of place here.


77. Hercules and the Amazon Women
Photobucket
Cast: Kevin Sorbo, Anthony Quinn, Micheal Hurst
Synopsis: Hercules and Iolaus take time out from Iolaus' wedding preparations, to help a distant village under attack from womens.
What I Liked: The very first one they did, so fun to see how it progressed from here.
What I Didn't Like: Poor style. Typical TV acting. Time travel part was unneeded.


76. John Tucker Must Die
Photobucket
Cast: Ashanti, Jenny McCarthy
Synopsis: Three ex-girlfriends of a serial cheater set up the former to fall for the new girl in town so they can watch him get his heart broken.
What I Liked: McCarthy was hot. Story went fast.
What I Didn't Like: The protagonist was awfully cast. There are better aholes everywhere.


75. Journey to the Center of the Earth
Photobucket
Cast: Brendan Fraser
Synopsis: On a quest to find out what happened to his missing brother, a scientist, his nephew and their mountain guide discover a lost world in the center of the earth.
What I Liked: Seeing how they get in and out.
What I Didn't Like: TV movie without some of the effects


74. The Corruptor
Photobucket
Cast: Yun-Fat Chow, Mark Wahlberg
Synopsis: With the aid from a NYC policeman, an immigrant cop tries to stop drug-trafficking and corruption, but things complicate when policemen are bribed.
What I Liked: Marky Mark is engaging when on screen. Intense story.
What I Didn't Like: Depressing ending.


73. Burn After Reading
Photobucket
Cast: George Clooney, Brad Pitt
Synopsis: A disk containing the memoirs of a CIA agent ends up in the hands of two gym employees who attempt to sell it.
What I Liked: Awesome cast. Unique.
What I Didn't Like: Ending, some character/story elements just didn't seem to belong.


72. Two Days in April
Photobucket
Cast: Jon Gruden, Derek Hagan, Clint Ingram, Mel Kiper
Synopsis: Four pro-bound college football players go for the NFL draft. Follow the training and all the emotions that accompany the four men on their journey to draft day, when their million-dollar dreams are intercepted by reality.
What I Liked: Insight to the combine, interview and draft. Different perspective from players.
What I Didn't Like: No need for the interaction between the group.


71. Obsessed
Photobucket
Cast: Beyoncé Knowles, Ali Larter
Synopsis: A successful manager, who has just received a huge promotion, is happy in his career and in his marriage. But a temp worker starts stalking him.
What I Liked: The scenes with Larter taunting(disrobing in front of!) the husband.
What I Didn't Like: Larter goes off the deepend too quick. Needed more build up.


70. Planet of the Apes
Photobucket
Cast: Charlton Heston
Synopsis: An astronaut crew crash lands on a planet in the future where intelligent talking apes are the dominant species, and humans are the oppressed and enslaved.
What I Liked: Heston is believable. You can feel for him given all the subtlies.
What I Didn't Like: Slow in many parts. That 60's movie.


69. Vantage Point
Photobucket
Cast: Dennis Quaid, William Hurt
Synopsis: The attempted assassination of the President is told and re-told from several different perspectives.
What I Liked: Very cool and unique way of shooting the movie. Takes a simple premise and flips it.
What I Didn't Like: Payoff was only so so. Story and characters ultimately bland.


68. Bad Boys
Photobucket
Cast: Will Smith, Martin Lawrence
Synopsis: Two detectives protect a murder witness while investigating a case of heroin.
What I Liked: Two of my favorite actors.
What I Didn't Like: Bad dialogue, boring Michael Bay action.


67. Hellboy
Photobucket
Cast: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair
Synopsis: A demon, raised from infancy after being conjured by and rescued from the Nazis, grows up to become a defender against evil.
What I Liked: Fighting with the government and for Selma Blair.
What I Didn't Like: Enemy was pretty boring, action less entertaining than the other elements.


66. Jumper
Photobucket
Cast: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson
Synopsis: A genetic anomaly allows a man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years.
What I Liked: Special effects and backgrounds were very cool/fun.
What I Didn't Like: Sammie seemed to mail it in. The "war" was inexplicable.


65. Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup
Photobucket
Cast: George W. Bush, Dick Cheney
Synopsis: Was 9/11 a conspiracy?
What I Liked: Interesting history of America, you hear facts not brought up in the news.
What I Didn't Like: Hates America, it blames the government for more than 911.


64. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Richard Harris
Synopsis: Rescued from the neglect of his aunt and uncle, a boy with a destiny proves his worth while attending a School of Wizardry.
What I Liked: Decent ending, loved the strange hat.
What I Didn't Like: Kids were too young. Richard Harris seemed to drag.


63. Toy Story 3
Photobucket
Cast: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Ned Beatty
Synopsis: The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic right before Andy leaves for college, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home.
What I Liked: Had more of a story arc and had more at stake than the first two.
What I Didn't Like: Middle part was forgetful and passable. (I think, I fell asleep and didn't seem to miss anything)


62. Jonah Hex
Photobucket
Cast: Josh Brolin, Megan Fox, John Malkovich
Synopsis: The military makes a scarred bounty hunter with warrants on his own head an offer in exchange for his freedom, he must stop a terrorist who is ready to blow up everyone.
What I Liked: Entertaining, Brolin was engaging. Fox was hot.
What I Didn't Like: Reminded me of Wild Wild West, which no movie should do.


61. Imaginary Witness: Hollywood and the Holocaust
Photobucket
Cast: Gene Hackman, Steven Spielberg
Synopsis: Anker examines Hollywood's depiction of the Holocaust and its atrocities in this documentary. It also questions the responsibility of filmmakers in retelling history and the effects of film portrayals on the social psyche.
What I Liked: Perspective on both hollywood and the world's in general view at the time.
What I Didn't Like: Didn't follow up the Anti-Semitism enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p