Skip to main content

6 Months, 100 Movies! 3/5

60. Water For Elephants
Photobucket
Cast: Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Waltz
Synopsis: A vet student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus.
What I Liked: The jew hunter return, Robert Pattinson until I realized it was Robert Pattinson
What I Didn't Like: The elephants! Ha, no kidding. But really, the circus elements.


59. Trading Places
Photobucket
Cast: Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd
Synopsis: An investor and a street con artist find their positions reversed as part of a bet by two millionaires.
What I Liked: Memorable cast, story, dialogue.
What I Didn't Like: Characters were all annoying. It was hard to back any of them.


58. Stripes
Photobucket
Cast: Bill Murray, John Candy, Harold Ramis
Synopsis: Two friends who are dissatisfied with their jobs decide to join the army for fun.
What I Liked: Old SNL Cast. John Candy mud wrestling strippers.
What I Didn't Like: Motivations are questionable. Ending is silly - predictable.


57. Toy Story
Photobucket
Cast: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen
Synopsis: A cowboy toy is threatened and jealous when a fancy spaceman toy supplants him as top toy in a boy's room.
What I Liked: The destructive neighbor kid as a villian.
What I Didn't Like: Jealousy storyline, slow to get going story.


56. Spy Game
Photobucket
Cast: Robert Redford, Brad Pitt
Synopsis: Retiring CIA agent recalls his training of a rookie while working against agency politics to free him from his foreign captors.
What I Liked: Redford by far steals the show.
What I Didn't Like: Took a long time to get in this movie. Doesn't seem to start correctly.


55. Role Models
Photobucket
Cast: Sean William Scott, Paul Rudd
Synopsis: Bad behavior forces a pair of energy drink reps to enroll in a Big Brother program.
What I Liked: A giant larp battle as the conclusion to a movie. Probation officer scenes.
What I Didn't Like: Lots of iffy, cheesy parts. Annoying kids.


54. Toy Story 2
Photobucket
Cast: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack
Synopsis: When Woody is stolen by a toy collector, Buzz and his friends vow to rescue him, Woody finds the idea of immortality in a museum tempting.
What I Liked: Buzz Lightyear just cracked me up like when they were at the toy store.
What I Didn't Like: Annoying ass cowgirl Joan Cusack.


53. Mr. Woodcock
Photobucket
Cast: Billy Bob Thornton, Sean William Scott, Susan Sarandon
Synopsis: Taken aback by his mother's wedding announcement, a man returns home in an effort to stop her from marrying his old high school gym teacher, a man who made high school hell.
What I Liked: Thorton being a bully gym teacher - hilarious.
What I Didn't Like: Sarandon was wasted, Scott wasn't his typical self - maybe a good thing.


52. Employee of the Month
Photobucket
Cast: Jessica Simpson, Dane Cook
Synopsis: When he hears that the new female employee digs men who are the store employee of the month, a slacker gets his act together but finds himself in competition with his rival co-worker.
What I Liked: The thought of Dane Cook, Harland Williams and Andy Dick all working at Costco together.
What I Didn't Like: A scan off, what the hell. Simpson's acting and her character.


51. War
Photobucket
Cast: Jet Li, Jason Statham
Synopsis: An FBI Agent seeks vengeance on an assassin who murdered his partner.
What I Liked: Storyline was surprisingly good if not confusing.
What I Didn't Like: Characters kind of bland, not nearly enough war in a movie called War.


50. Diehard 4
Photobucket
Cast: Bruce Willis, Justin Long
Synopsis: McClane takes on a terrorist organization who is systematically shutting down the United States.
What I Liked: Action and Humor were decent mostly.
What I Didn't Like: Justin Long was annoying. The fact that they made it PG-13.


49. Black Swan
Photobucket
Cast: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis
Synopsis: A ballet dancer wins the lead in Swan Lake and is perfect for the role of the White Swan - but loses her mind as she becomes more and more like the Black Swan.
What I Liked: Natalie Portman acting for the first time. Trippy scenes reminded me of American Beauty.
What I Didn't Like: Anything ballet related just did not care about.


48. Oceans 12
Photobucket
Cast: George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts
Synopsis: Ocean recruits one more team member so he can pull off three major European heists.
What I Liked: That the managed to get the entire cast back. The kinda twist ending again.
What I Didn't Like: Fails when compared to the first one. Julia Roberts nonsense.


47. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Ralph Fiennes
Synopsis: With their warning about Lord Voldemort's return laughed at, Harry and Dumbledore are targeted by the Wizard authorities as an authoritarian politician seizes power at Hogwarts.
What I Liked: Training scenes. The ending as usual was the best part.
What I Didn't Like: Feels like you could throw the whole movie away and not miss much.


46. Monsters Ball
Photobucket
Cast: Billy Bob Thornton, Halle Berry, Heath Ledger
Synopsis: After a family tragedy, a racist prison guard reexamines his attitudes while falling in love with the African American wife of the last prisoner he executed.
What I Liked: Actual character development.
What I Didn't Like: Pretty depressing movie. Movie ended in a strange spot for me. Every character somehow dis-likable.


45. Seven Pounds
Photobucket
Cast: Will Smith, Rosario Dawson
Synopsis: An engineer with a secret embarks on an journey of redemption by changing the lives of seven strangers.
What I Liked: The mystery/suspense builds up the whole time. Soundtrack.
What I Didn't Like: Sorrow movie that you also have to be in a mood to watch.


44. Shoot Em Up
Photobucket
Cast: Clive Owen, Monica Bellucci, Paul Giamatti
Synopsis: A man delivers a woman's baby during a shootout, and is then called upon to protect the newborn from the army of gunmen.
What I Liked: Using a carrot to shoot someone. Entertaining action scenes.
What I Didn't Like: Characters very one dimensional. Or maybe it was the cast. Pacing was not good.


43. How To Lose Friends And Alienate People
Photobucket
Cast: Simon Pegg, Kirsten Dunst, Megan Fox
Synopsis: A writer struggles to fit in at a high-profile magazine company.
What I Liked: Simon Pegg was entertaining on screen even without Nick Frost. Jeff Bridges.
What I Didn't Like: Most of the movie felt very original but then became generic again. Felt long.


42. Diehard 2
Photobucket
Cast: Bruce Willis, William Sadler
Synopsis: McClane is forced to battle mercenaries who seize control of an airport's communications and threaten to cause plane crashes if their demands are not met.
What I Liked: Twist I didn't see coming. Fighting on top of a plane.
What I Didn't Like: Tries to re-hash the original, just badly. Silly situation for Mr. McClane.


41. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Photobucket
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter
Synopsis: As Harry Potter begins his 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he discovers an old book marked mysteriously - property of the Half-Blood Prince and learns more about Lord Voldemort's past.
What I Liked: Ending (again). Twist? Voldemort's past. Helena Bonham Carter.
What I Didn't Like: Action kinda lacking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p