Skip to main content

My 100 movies (as of 2006 - Pre Netflix) 50 - 41

50. Field of Dreams
James Earl Jones is amazing in this baseball movie which at the heart is a father-son story. It's got lots of fantasy, faith and a fantastic ending. Good score.

Terence Mann: I'm going to beat you with a crowbar until you leave.
Ray Kinsella: You can't do that.
Terence Mann: No, there are no rules here.
Ray Kinsella: You're a pacifist!
Terence Mann: Shit.

Photobucket


49. Golden Eye
First Brosnan Bond movie as well as the best. Classic villians and a decent story, great settings and classic bond guns/gadgets all combine here.

Alec Trevelyan: Good luck with the floor James. I've set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me. It was the least I could do for a "friend".
Natalya Simonova: What does he mean?
James Bond: We've got three minutes.

Photobucket


48. Austin Powers
Trilogy of Mike Myers. He plays both the lead villian and our 70's hero. Spoofs of James Bond and other 'things'. All 3 are pretty good, though I don't like Heather Graham.

Ivana: When did you get "The Clapper"?
Austin: November, 1964, Dutch East Indies, shore leave.

Photobucket


47. Jurassic Park
Amazing effects which still look good to this day. Dinosaur disaster movie. Score is amazing. The kids are annoying in this but every other character adds something.

Samuel Jackson: Hold on to your butts.

Photobucket


46. Ace Ventura
I could quote this entirely at some point. Just something new and refreshing at the time. Jim Carey's character is classic. The second isn't quite as good, but still a very fun ride.

Ace: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are! Loser!

Photobucket


45. Major League
Thee Baseball movie. It's got Charlie Sheen and Wesley Snipes. It's all about the characters who are entertaining. Two falls off a bit(no Snipes), but the third is abysmal.

Willie Mays Hayes: Call the stewardess, Vaughn. I need one of those bags.
Rick Vaughn: There aren't any stewardesses.
Willie Mays Hayes: I wonder if they are any pilots.

Photobucket


44. Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Another Costner movie? Oh nos. I really like this movie (obviously), I think it got a raw deal though it's possible I'm just remembering it as a childhood movie. Men in Tights gets slammed worse.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

Photobucket


43. The Ring
This movie scared me, from the crawling girl to dead faces. It had mystery elements and even Brian Cox. Don't think I liked the kid.

Noah: I'm sure it's a lot scarier at night.

Photobucket


42. Saw
Cheaply made, doesn't make sense in a lot of places, but I loved the whole thing. The twist endings at the end add new layers to the movies.

Jigsaw: Most people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you, not any more...

Photobucket


41. Naked Gun
Based off of Police Squad series is a trilogy of detective spoofs. Leslie Nielsen is Lt. Frank Drebin, and Priscilla Presley plays his love interest. Oh and OJ Simpson.

Mayor: Drebin, I don't want anymore trouble like you had last year on the South Side. Understand? That's my policy.
Frank: Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's *my* policy.
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of "Julius Caesar", you moron! You killed 5 actors! Good ones.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p