"This is My House, I Have to Defend It!"
Never have stronger words been uttered by a nine year old determined to stop two robbers all by himself. Kevin's plan is insane if you follow it through, but it works ultimately if not by some luck with the neighbor coming by. I don't think I've re-watched a movie more in my life. So obviously I think the entire movie is rewatchable but the end is far and way the best part.
This scene is so uplifting and the score is so perfect to how it's edited. Probably the second greatest montage, first to come still on this list. It could easily be a joke of a movie, but I think Macaulay Culkin sells it as being a serious movie. Having Joe Pesci doesn't hurt, but the real hero here is the John William's music.
YouTube - Breaking In Attempts 1 and 2
YouTube - Breaking In Attempt 3
YouTube - Come and Get Me You Horse's Ass

Comments
Post a Comment