50 Most Rewatchable Movie Scenes - 13. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - Epiphany: Customer Appreciation Day
The world was robbed of Alan Rickman too soon. From the Sheriff of Nottingham, to Hans Gruber, to Snape looking on, he and his work was a treasure. He gets to play big bad here. Johnny Depp Todd has the Judge in his grasp and is interrupted. The judge vowing to never come again sends Mr. Todd into a vengeful wrath.
It is by far my favorite part in this movie. The lead up is pretty good to get the whole picture and I enjoy their back and forth song. "First I think a shave", "The closest I've ever gave."
YouTube - Pretty Women
I'm really not much of a musical fan. This one has enough humor and darkness though that I can stomach it and what it's ultimately trying to preach. Very typical Tim Burton. Always enjoyable, always a solid 4/5 for me.
The middle part of this song is some of my favorite from the movie. "Who are we to deny it in here?"
YouTube - What's the Sound of the World Out There
The shaving contest scene might be the finest of them.
YouTube - Spirelli Shave Contest
This song showcases Helena Bonham Carter and her charming light voice.
Worst Pies in London
Last one I'll showcase but there are more solid choices out there. This one is a little slow, but it sounds great ultimately
YouTube - My Friends

Comments
Post a Comment