Skip to main content

Top 30 Movies I Want To See In 2013

Top 30 I Wanted to See in 2012

I watched 11 movies on my 30 list the last two years(23 of the 2011 list as of now), though there is one more I will attempt to see this year. (Django)

Four didn't released this year - World War Z, Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters, Jack The Giant Slayer and Scary Movie 5

One might never happen - Halloween 3D
And one got pushed back - G.I. Joe: Retaliation

I won't be listing these again - nor will I list any in this list below I made recently - cause so many I wanted to see just seemed to be coming at the right moment. So I won't be counting the following either - Carrie, Gangster Squad, Zero Dark Thirty

20 Movies I Want To See - October 2012


30. Bullet to the Head
Photobucket
Stallone's got tatoos and killing people. I'll try and pretend he's Rambo.


29. The Great Gatsby
Photobucket
Will have to play this by ear a bit. If it gets good reviews - I'm on board, otherwise it will probably be a long while before I see this.


28. The Last Stand
Photobucket
Arnie is back!


27. The End of the World
Photobucket
First of two apocalyptic movies with comedians. This one is the Apatow gang - Rogan, Rudd, Segel, Franco, Hill and Cera.


26. 47 Ronin
Photobucket
Samurai movie featuring Keanu Reeves. I didn't really like the Tom Cruise as a Samurai, but I still have hopes for this concept.


25. The Host
Photobucket
Invasion of the Body Snatchers meets Twilight.


24. Pain and Gain
Photobucket
The Rock and Mark Wahlberg workout and steal money. Can't be too much different than Bad Boys 2.


23. The Lone Ranger
Photobucket
Basically just another vehicle for Johnny Depp to act like a character not from this world.


22. After Earth
Photobucket
Smith and Smith in the sequel to The Pursuit of Happyness. Or something. But M. Night is sure to kill it as usual.


21. The World's End
Photobucket
The other movie about the end of the world. This one features the Shaun of the Dead gang.


20. Elysium
Photobucket
District 9 director is back. Let the drinking commence.


19. A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III
Photobucket
I like Charlie Sheen's work quite a bit. He's got some charm that I always can believe in. This looks like a fun ride which includes Bill Murray.


18. Pacific Rim
Photobucket
Giant robots verses aliens. Yes!


17. Oz: The Great and Powerful
Photobucket
No idea what to expect here except that it has Franco and is a prequel to Dorothy.


16. Warm Bodies
Photobucket
Zombie movie where the zombie comes back to life. Hopefully it's more Zombieland and less Twilight.


15. Oblivion
Photobucket
Looks like an interesting sci-fi adventure. And I always am fascinated by Cruise.


14. A Good Day to Die Hard
Photobucket
Numero 5, lets hope it's closer to 1 and 3 instead of 4. R rating wouldn't hurt.


13. Jurassic Park 3D
Photobucket
Should this count - probably not. But also a movie that should look amazing re-done.


12. You’re Next
Photobucket
Being compared to Scream. High regards and also a revenge movie - which I always love. 


11. Stoker
Photobucket
A mystery/horror/drama. Watch the trailer for 30 seconds to see if it's your cup of tea.


10. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Photobucket
I am fairly confident this movie will be entertaining and that is enough for me.


9. Kick-Ass 2
Photobucket
I like the idea of Jim Carey here. I actually would have liked to see Nicolas Cage in some form(there is no other movie I would ever say that about).


8. 300: Rise of an Empire
Photobucket
The best part of 300 was the Spartans. With focus on the Persians, I don't care nearly as much.


7. Evil Dead
Photobucket
No Rami, or Campbell. Trailer doesn't look particularly campy. It still has to be given a shot as it's 3 for 3 in my book.


6. Thor: The Dark World
Photobucket
I feel similar to how I felt going into the original Thor. He's not an especially great character, but that movie did turn out to be pretty good. It's nice getting the whole cast back - especially Tom Hiddleston.


5. The Wolverine
Photobucket
Actually a sequel to X3 which is nice to hear. The first Wolverine movie was plagued with bad decisions. The only bright spots being Liev Schreiber as well as one minute of Gambit and one minute of Deadpool. The plot doesn't sound great, but hopefully it learns from the originals missteps.


4. Man of Steel
Photobucket
Desperate for a good Superman film. Everything they have shown so far is puzzling. But maybe they are saving the good parts - which would be refreshing.


3. Star Trek Into Darkness
Photobucket
It does look like they are making Wrath of Khan all over again. Just give me more Pine, Quinto, Urban and Pegg and I'll be happy.


2. Iron Man 3
Photobucket
Excited for Mandarin, more Robert Downey, War Machine. Won't be the Avengers. I think the picture sums it up.


1.  The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Photobucket
Second year in a row with the Hobbit on top. It's not impossible for Hollywood to make something I like better, but just not likely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p