Skip to main content

20 Movies I Want To See

Not counting the movies that I considered for my top 30 of the year.
Top 30 I want to see in 2012

Though some don't look like they are going to get released in 2012 - World War Z, Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters, Jack the Giant Slayer, Scary Movie 5, G.I. Joe: Retaliation

These 20 at least I've saw a trailer for which means either in the theater now or coming soon.

20. Flight
Photobucket
The What: A pilot saves a plane from crashing but it's revealed he was drinking the night before.
The Why: I love Denzel. The idea is kind of intriguing. I'm not sure where the movie can go where I would really like it.


19. The Watch
Photobucket
The What: Aliens invade a neighborhood.
The Why: I've heard very bad things about it, but I liked the trailer enough that I think I can overcome any lack of plot, characters here as long as it's kind of funny. And it has a chance to do so given the cast.


18. The Apparition
Photobucket
The What: An entity attacks a group of college kids.
The Why: Looks like a run of the mill scary movie, but it has the elements that I like - crawling things, jump scares so I will give it a shot.


17. The Bourne Legacy
Photobucket
The What: A new spy takes the story where the last one left off.
The Why: I liked the Bourne movies, I didn't love them like everyone seemed to. That said I'm curious in what direction they decided to go here - same universe, different character.


16. Silent Hill Revelation
Photobucket
The What: When her dad gets kidnapped the daughter has no choice but to go follow her nightmares.
The Why: Looked pretty interesting as a Halloween movie. I like Sean Bean quite a bit, though the first Silent Hill movie wasn't too great, so I'm kinda reserved about this.


15. The Campaign
Photobucket
The What: Two underachievers run against each other for congress.
The Why: I eat up pretty much anything Will Ferrell whether it's good or bad. Probably not a good sign I haven't heard anything about it.


14. Sinister
Photobucket
The What: A man finds a film of previous house owners being haunted and killed by a demon.
The Why: Ethan Hawke in a scary movie is intriguing. The teaser trailer looked pretty scary.


13. James Bond Skyfall
Photobucket
The What: Bond movie #801 finds something amiss in the world and has to stop it. (Sound like every Bond movie?) Hopefully.
The Why: The action scenes look better than the last one. We meet Q... I haven't watched every bond movie yet - or any of Craigs... but oh I will get to this.


12. Carrie
Photobucket
The What: Remake, girl with supernatural powers - gets picked on by schoolmates and she doesn't control herself.
The Why: Hopefully not shot by shot remake as I feel they have new places to go with this character even if they keep the basic premise the same.


11. Judge Dredd
Photobucket
The What: Remake of the cop who is judge jury and executioner.
The Why: The original wasn't good, but I'm interested in how hollywood thinks they can improve on it in such a short time.


10. Taken 2
Photobucket
The What: The parents get taken this time and the daughter has to save them.
The Why: The first one was unexpectedly great, this one gets a chance and looks to keep the same pace.


9. Zero Dark Thirty
Photobucket
The What: The Seal Team Six capture of Bin Laden.
The Why: Interesting from a historical perspective as well as a curiosity how they will handle it.


8. Jack Reacher
Photobucket
The What: A terror squad crosses the wrong ghost soldier.
The Why: I can get behind Cruise as an action star, so I'm thrilled to get another. Plot looks so so though some scenes stand out.


7. The Master
Photobucket
The What: A veteran returns home not sure where his life is going.
The Why: Paul Thomas Anderson, need I say more. He has me hooked and just sounds so smart when talking about film. He's making a push for the mount rushmore.


6. Cloud Atlas
Photobucket
The What: A timeline adjusting a man from a killer to a hero.
The Why: I just assumed it was a women's book based on the title. Looks like an epic scale event. Great effects. Hanks and Berry.


5. Gangster Squad
Photobucket
The What: A small police gang takes on the mafia in the 40s - 50s.
The Why: Josh Brolin looks like a star here, though the rest of the cast is no slouch - Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Sean Penn, Terminator 2, Papa Doc...


4. Branded
Photobucket
The What: One man can seemingly see a world inside where aliens control us. 
The Why: The effects haven't looked this interesting since the Matrix. Hopefully it can be every as good as it looks and not like a Skyline which had great looking moments but was super boring.


3. Lawless
Photobucket
The What: A gang in the depression age gets taken on by a new cop.
The Why: Cast looks amazing - Shia LaBeouf, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy, looks really entertaining.


2. The Man With The Iron Fists
Photobucket
The What: A blacksmith has to defend his village against an assortment of assassins, soldiers and warriors who want it's gold.
The Why: Looks like pure entertaining action from beginning to end. Love to hate Lucy Lu. Good to have Tarantino's name on it. Also love Russell Crowe.


1. Seven Psychopaths
Photobucket
The What: A group of friends kidnap a gangsters dog.
The Why: Woody Harrelson, Colin Farrell and Christopher Walken are always great. Movie looks like a cross between Pulp Fiction and Snatch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p