Skip to main content

My 100 movies (as of 2006 - Pre Netflix) 10 - 1

10. Spiderman   
Photobucket
Photobucket

Followed in the footsteps of X-men and also improved upon the super hero genre. The second might be the best super hero movie ever. The third was not focused - Venom shouldn't have been done if Raimi didn't like him.

Peter Parker: You don't trust anyone, that's your problem.
J. Jonah Jameson: I trust my barber.    


9. Terminator
Photobucket
Photobucket
   
Terminator 2 is probably the best sequel of all time. James Cameron does some amazing things that even to this day hold up. The more movies and TV shows that get created, the more convoluted the story becomes. But the first two are in a class of their own.

Kyle Reese: Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.


8. Braveheart
Photobucket
Photobucket

A long movie but every second is important. The ending is superb. The fight scenes step up any that come before it. They even build up another love interest as the movie goes on.

William Wallace: Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

   
7. Space Balls
Photobucket
Photobucket

Star Wars parody like none before or after it. My favorite Mel Brooks movie. The jokes pretty much all hit. I got only about half the jokes the first time I watched it, so as time went on I picked up more and more.

Barf: I know we need the money, but...
Lone Starr: Listen! We're not just doing this for money!
Barf: [Barf looks at him, raises his ears]
Lone Starr: We're doing it for a SHIT LOAD of money!

   
6. Back to the Future
Photobucket
Photobucket

The first is a tight entertaining story. The second was always confusing to me as a kid. The third was too much of a love story that I never bought. But all three propelled everyone involved to new heights.

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?


5. Alien
Photobucket
Photobucket

The first two movies are so great. The third had potential and it was ruined by Fincher and company. The first was basically a new genre while the second was more action but just as good and hasn't been replicated to this day.

Ripley: A transmission? Out here?
Lambert: What kind of a transmission?
Dallas: Acoustical beacon. It, uh... repeats at intervals of 12 seconds.
Kane: S.O.S.?
Dallas: I don't know.
Ripley: Human?
Dallas: Unknown.


4. Monty Python- Holy Grail
Photobucket
Photobucket

Possibly my most quoted movie. Silly and even though some of the humor doesn't hit with me - it's still the greatest of Monty Python. I always hated the ending so much.

King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.


3. Office Space
Photobucket
Photobucket

A movie that I always knew would hit home. Mike Judge hits on all cylinders. It didn't do well in the theatre but it gained the cult following for great reason.

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.


2. Lord of the Rings
Photobucket
Photobucket

I like all the changes that they made to the book. I thought this was the second best movie even before reading the book or watching the extended versions which add so much great content. The ending of Return of the King does get very long, but it's fitting.

Boromir: I ask only for the strength to defend my people!
Boromir: If you would but lend me the Ring...
Frodo: No!
Boromir: Why do you recoil? I am no thief.
Frodo: You are not yourself.
Boromir: What chance do you think you have? They will find you. They will take the Ring. And you will beg for death before the end!


1. Star Wars
Photobucket
Photobucket

The greatest fantasy story, the greatest sequel and even a great conclusion. The prequels were awful indeed, though they were still a sight. Theres a reason it's more than just art to people.

Darth Vader: The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands.
Admiral Motti: Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it!
Darth Vader: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Admiral Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient Jedi religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices 45. Brak    The Brak Show/Space Ghost Alien space p