YouTube - A Few Good Men Ending
Jack's character in A Few Good Men is so confident, he flat out admits to a crime in open court. This is by far the most famous scene and the best. Jack Nicholson absolutely nailed the scene. Kiefer Sutherland recalled that Nicholson performed the entire sequence from beginning to end in one remarkable take. The room reportedly went completely silent afterward. It was supposed to take much longer to film. The courtroom sequence was scheduled for roughly two or three days, but after Nicholson's performance, director Rob Reiner reportedly decided they had what they needed and wrapped early. Nicholson kept doing it with the same intensity. Reiner needed multiple takes for shots of the other actors reacting, meaning Nicholson had to deliver that explosive performance repeatedly—even when he wasn't necessarily on camera. TCM reports that he did it around 50 times with the same energy.
With a cast of Jack, Tom, Demi and Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland sneaks in here with a good performance. I love the music at then end, it's the Markinson theme song. The dread is almost promised.
This scene might show the most of either Jessep or Markinson in their natural way.
YouTube - I'm Going to Blame You and Then I'm Going to Kill You
This could be one of the most rewatchable scenes. The tension and pure terror given by Nicholson is like no other.
YouTube - She Outranks You Danny
This scene might live in my head more than any other. The cross exam by Kaffee about how did Barnes ever eat a meal if it wasn't listed in a book.
YouTube - What is a Code Red?
And here Kaffee is firing away at Kendrick.
YouTube - Questionable Orders
"Ordinarily, it takes someone hours to discover I'm not fit to handle a defense."
YouTube - Sherby Doesn't Think the Navy Does That Anymore
"Now you're asking us to sign a piece of paper that says we have no honor. You're asking us to say we're not Marines. If a court decides that what we did was wrong, then I'll accept whatever punishment they give. But I believe I was right sir, I believe I did my job, and I will not dishonor myself, my unit, or the Corps so I can go home in six months... Sir."
YouTube - Part 2 of Tom Cruise owning this movie

Comments
Post a Comment