YouTube - Colonial Marines Prep Before Drop
Aliens was one of first favorite movies ever. I loved everything from the creatures themselves to the film's setting to all the humans raging from heroine Ripley, child Newt, Company Man but rat-fuck son-of-a-bitch Burke, new Lieutenant Gnorman, Sergeant Apone, clown Hudson or is it Hicks, and the rest of the marines. This scene is my favorite, the score does a ton of work admittedly, as does Apone. "Absolutely Badasses!" James Cameron, the bravest pioneer, sounds like had a hell of a time making the movie in the UK. Protests and firings were big issues onset. But Cameron left the franchise on top, on par or very close to the original. Alien 3 on the other hand was one of the most disappointing things I have ever watched in my life. I never wanted to turn a movie off after 30 seconds before.
I think any of the scenes with the marines are rewatchable. I realize I'm going on a wild tagent by posting all these scenes, but I love it all and it's all worth it.
YouTube - Crew Waking Up
YouTube - Marines Eating Post unfreezing
YouTube - The Debriefing
YouTube - Bug Hunting
YouTube - Entering the Nest
And Ripley really is the greatest character, another awful thing that Alien 3 was to kill her off as well.
YouTube - Ripley Meeting the Queen
She is as vicious to Carter Burke when she finds out what he's up as she is to the Alien Queen herself.
YouTube - Fighting Weyland-Yutani
YouTube - Fighting the Alien Queen

Comments
Post a Comment