YouTube - The Man in Black vs Inigo Montoya
Another one of my favorite childhood movies that I still love as an adult. Rip Rob Reiner. A movie where removing Fred Savage and Peter Falk would have made this movie much less annoying in places, "Do I really have to listen to the kissing part?" Huh Grandpa? It would have also probably made the movie quite a bit darker in tone. Sounds like a real fun project actually.
The fight scene is perfect from the choreography to the acting, soundtrack, pacing, writing.
"Who are you?"
"No one of consequence."
"I must know."
"Get used to disappointment."
Westley has to face off against Vizzini, hired by Prince Humperdinck to capture Buttercup, aka The Princess Bride. He does this to start some kind of a WAR With Guilder, which they never explain why that would be a good thing for anyone including Humperdinck.
After besting Inigo, Westley aka The Man in Black faces off against Andre the Giant aka Fezzik. And finally the poison duel with Wallace Shawn
YouTube - Meeting the Giant
Many other scenes could be considered rewatchable, from the fire swamp to Inigo repeating his famous line to the 6 fingered man. The only other scene I find myself thinking about often is the Billy Crystal as Miracle Max scene where Fezzik and Inigo are trying to revive Westley.
YouTube - Miracle Max

Comments
Post a Comment