Skip to main content

50 Most Rewatchable Movie Scenes - 32. The Departed - I Got This Rat, This Gnawing, Cheese Eating Rat

The Departed

YouTube - Heavy Lies The Crown

Second Jack Nicholson scene on the list and not the last. His character is the rewatchable part of this movie. It wouldn't be the same without him. We know what the movie looks like without him, it's called Infernal Affairs and was made four years prior. I also came into The Departed way too late in life. It's in my top 60 list of all time but could be higher. There is a good mystery in this story. Many similarities to Goodfellas. Leo turns in a great performance, most of the cast does exquiste, but any of them could be replaced except Jack and still keep the movie as powerful as it is. Granted Leo gets the most screen time, so when we are getting the two of them onscreen together, we are paying attention.

The scene where the two meet is probably my number two scene.
Youtube - Billy meets Frank

The elevator scene isn't really rewatchable for me for obvious reasons.
The cranberry juice scene is pretty good even though no Frank.
YouTube - Cranberry Juice

Last but not least, this movie is the first thing I think about when I hear this song. We were visiting Boston one time and in line for a boat and the song came on and I immediately got The Departed intro on my brain. The song also pops up later in the movie.
YouTube - Shipping Up To Boston

There are other fantastic, rewatchable scenes. The movie is almost too good to put on the list for once scene, but the rat encounter does come in as a pretty rewatchable one for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices...

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o...