Skip to main content

50 Most Rewatchable Movie Scenes - 31. Pulp Fiction - The Path of the Righteous Man

Pulp Fiction

YouTube - Tasty Burger!

Books have been written on Pulp Fiction. Many a podcast has been spoken. Quentin Tarantino is still kind of working on his craft here in 1994. Even if it's not your favorite QT film, and for me it depends on the day which is my favorite, it would be hard to argue it's anywhere near the bottom of his filmography.

We have had 30+ years of digesting this mostly glorious piece of work. What's in the suitcase? The random scene order. You can see the way he works the burger in, quite unsettling, like the previous Hans Landa scene from #38. 

Pulp has more rewatchable scenes than The Departed, but that didn't make it easy to pick one. I could have gone with the Wolf scene, which feels like a short film unto itself.
YouTube - Winston Wolf

I could have gone with the ending, which ends up being a Samuel Jackson monologue.
"I hate to shatter your ego but this ain't the first time I've had a gun pointed at me"
YouTube - Ending Diner Scene
“The truth is, you’re the weak and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.”

Instead I went with the famous - check out the big brain on Brad! Mostly another Samuel Jackson monologue, but there's quite a bit more happening in this scene.

The $5 milkshake date and dance scene is pretty good. Not a fan of the whole pawn shop sequence, except for Bruce Willis putting a chainsaw down for a katana. Anything with Jules and Vincent is gold though. This won't be the last QT scene on here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Favorite Adult Swim Characters

I tried to get a good variety and yet be fair to what I like the most. I'm sure there are one I've missed and some that might be surprising but if it aired on Adult Swim - I can use it. I didn't use any characters from either Robot Chicken or Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as they are basically clip shows and while good, the re-occurring characters aren't used enough. Also, it turns out H. Jon Benjamin is the voice for half these shows. 50. Chains     Fat Guy Stuck in Internet 49. Assy McGee    Assy McGee H. Jon Benjamin plays the mayor. 48. The Mayor    Tom Goes to the Mayor A Picture of Jeff Goldbloom instead of the Mayor, but this was by far the funniest thing on the show. 47. Inuyasha    Inuyasha 46. Satan     Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil Wears Bill Cosby sweaters and is always trying to kill his daughters boyfriend DJ Jesus. Yeah... One of the H. Jon Benjamin voices...

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (20-1)

My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (100-81) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (80-61) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (60-41) My Top 100 One Drop (CC) Creatures (40-21) 20. Vexing Devil Giving an opponent a choice is never a good idea. However I really feel like it's win win here in the aggressive deck. A 4/3 for one will almost always be worth a card. So the real question is - is it worth a card to deal 4 damage for a red? It's not quite Flame Slash good in a control deck, or as great top deck as Thunderous Wrath but better than Thunderbolt or Lava Axe . 19. Scute Mob Not a true one drop. But by turn six hopefully you are going get a hydra-like insect that will quickly get insanely huge if not dealt with. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have trample. It's still a great costed creature that can do some work if unchecked. There are lots of ways to give it Trample in Green not named Rancor . 18. Dragonmaster Outcast And yet another non-true o...